Terms and conditions for the 2023 Programme Competition
- The competition is organised by Long Eaton Community Carnival Association (“LECCA”) c/o The Secretary, 148 Wilmot Street, Sawley, Long Eaton, Derbyshire NG10 3DQ.
How to enter
- Entries must be delivered to the ballot box located at the Carnival Information and Control Point on West Park, Long Eaton no later than 6.00pm on Saturday 17th June 2023. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
- LECCA will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
- LECCA reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all except members of the LECCA, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- LECCA reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- Entries must be made on an original sheet as printed in the Souvenir Programme, photocopies will not be accepted.
- There will be three prizes: 1st prize £25 cash, 2nd prize £15 ash and 3rd prize £10 cash
- Entries will be drawn at random by a trustee of LECCA within one month of the prize draw or competition ending. The answers of each drawn entry will be checked and the first entry drawn which is deemed to have all the answers correct will be awarded the 1st prize; drawing of entires will continue until a further entry is identified as having all the correct answers, this entry will be awarded the second prize. Drawing will continue to identify a third prize winner. In the event of no entries being drawn with all the correct answers, entries will be drawn for seven correct entries and so on, until the three winning entries have been identified.
- The winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to LECCA within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and LECCA will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prizes will be delivered to the winners within 14 days of responding to LECCA.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- The decision of the Trustees of LECCA regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- LECCA reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, LECCA, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of LECCA, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
- LECCA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where entrants have indicated their consent to be included on the LECCA mailing list, their contact details will be added to the mailing list for the purpose of sending marketing information via email about future events and activities organised by LECCA. Contact details will not be shared with third parties for other marketing purposes.
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by LECCA or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.